Tricks how to solved Initramfs error and can't load Ubuntu OS

10:42 PM


Boot repair for Ubuntu initramfs error. 

My Ubuntu OS 14.04 was in trouble and can't boot properly.

It was happened when I was trying to configure my GRUB file to figure out  how to resolved my webcam issue.

I know that this is a boot system file but after editing and saving the file, I forgot to issue a command grub-update to update my boot file.
This is the only reason I know why my OS was not open properly as expected.

I couldn't afford to loss my OS because I don't want to loss my file and the settings of my Kubuntu OS, obviously I don't want to end up to re-install my OS from the start again.

 I am very thankful that I found my live cd OS which is installed in my usb stick.

I'll just want to share with you guys what i did to resolved this issue.

  •  Insert usb to a Laptop (mine is HP Probook 4430's) and power it on, and while it's booting press [esc] and press [f9] to show the boot option, in selection click to select boot from usb drive option. Note: Other Computer has other way/keyboard to press for booting from usb options.
  • After the live cd OS successfully loaded, click the try ubuntu then press ctrl + alt + t to open the terminal window
  • On the terminal window issue the following command,  
  1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair
  2. sudo apt-get update
  3. sudo apt-get install boot-repair
  • Then open the newly installed boot repair application by issuing an command sudo boot-repair and the app will look like this. 
Once the application running it will find the broken boot file in your hard drive and fix it for you.
After fixing successfully, reboot your computer and boot normally in your hard drive and boom your OS is back.

You can also use this if you are in trouble in ubuntu in dual boot system in Linux and Window's.



Please read -->>Disclaimer

You Might Also Like

0 comments