Cheese No device found in Ubuntu 14.04

9:17 PM


Cheese 

It is an application of Ubuntu Operating system / Linux for camera device, the main use of this is for a webcam specially in laptop computers. In the old distribution of this OS like 12.04 you just install this application then you can use your built in laptop webcam.

When I upgraded my OS from 12.04 32 bit to 14.04 64 bit this application was already included after successfully installed but It was not functioning. No device found appear on screen when I opened this application.

Since I'm still newbie for this thing, what I did was googling for a solution to addressed this issue and luckily, I found a forum exactly for this problem from this  website

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/237656

I just follow the instruction of Vatsal H. Gor (gorvatsal2191).
Below are the following.

1. Open up the Terminal application. (Ctrl+Alt+T)

2. Open your grub configuration file for editing as root:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

3. Change the line that reads:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

to read:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi="

4. Save the file and exit the text editor. (Ctrl+O <Enter> then Ctrl+X)

5. Update grub:

sudo update-grub

6. Restart/Reboot your computer.

Credit to this website: https://answers.launchpad.net


Note: You are editing a boot file which may cause not to boot your system if you make mistakes.
Please read -->>Disclaimer

If you are in trouble booting your OS for some mistakes you can follow this instruction.

This post will be my reference when i need this information again just in case I should re install my OS.

You Might Also Like

0 comments